Where are Car Manufacturers Really Building Their Cars
Where are Car Manufacturers Really Building Their Cars?
Do you want to know where the leading automobile car manufacturers build their cars? Here is a list of the leading car manufacturers and their manufacturing units.
1. Toyota is a reputed car manufacturer based in Japan, but it has manufacturing units all over the world. The major units are located in Asia, Europe and North America. Due to a large concentration of automobile consumers in the U.S, Toyota manufactures a wide range of cars including Toyota Avalon, Toyota Camry, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Corolla, etc.
2. Volkswagon is a Germany based automobile company, which is headquartered in Wolfsburg, Lower Saxony, Germany. It has factories in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
3. BMW (Bayerische Motoren Werke) is a Germany based luxury vehicle, motorcycle and engine manufacturer. It is headquartered in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. The BMW Manufacturing, which is a part of the BMW Group Production Network has 30 sites in 14 countries across 4 continents. In U.S, the Assembly plant is located in Greer, South Carolina and is the only assembly plant in U.S.
4. Honda Motor is a Japan based automobile company and the Honda cars for North America are manufactured at the plants located in United States, Japan and Mexico.
5. General Motors, also known as GM is an American Multinational corporation, which is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. In the U.S the manufacturing units are located in Lordstown, Fairfax, Orion, Wentzville, Flint Assembly, Arlington, Bowling Green, Detroit-Hamtramck, Fort Wayne Lansing Grand River and Lansing Delta Township.
6. Ford Motor, a U.S based automobile company has manufacturing plants in many locations across the world. However, many Ford plants share the manufacturing unit with Ford’s other brands Mercury and Lincoln. The mid-size Ford Fusion is manufactured at Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico along with Mercury and Lincoln. The Ford Focus is built at assembly facility located in Wayne, Michigan, United States. The Ford Crown Victoria is assembled in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada and so on.
7. Nissan cars for Nissan North American product line are manufactured at one of six manufacturing facilities located in Japan (located at Oppama, Kyushu and Tochigi), the U.S (Canton, Mississippi and Smyrna, Tennessee) and Mexico.
8. Hyundai Motor Company, is based in South Korea and the cars are built in lsan, the biggest metropolitan district in Seoul, Korea.
9. Chevrolet, also known as Chevy is one of the oldest car manufacturers in America and now a part of GM. Chevy cars are built at the 14 of GM’s 92 plants that are located across the world.
10. Dodge is also an automobile manufacturer based in America and it manufactures seven different vehicles. Most of Dodge’s manufacturing happens in the U.S. For example – The Dodge Viper is manufactured in at Conner Assembly Plant in Detroit. Dodge Caliber is built in Belvidere, and so on.